Saturday, January 8, 2011

The new Starbucks logo

There's been a lot of buzz about the new Starbucks logo. The coffee giants dropped the name from their logo, opting instead to go with their iconic mermaid image. I love it!

Starbucks is already positioned as the biggest name in coffee. And I'm pretty sure the words "Starbucks" and "coffee" will be prominently displayed at all their retail outlets. Just not in the logo itself.

I think this move really opens the door for Starbucks to contunue moving forward as more of a "lifestyle" brand, rather than limiting themselves to being "only" a coffee company. They're already dabbling in music, and the new logo sets them up perfectly to branch out even further, while capitalizing on their huge market share and brand recognition.

I wrote this post at Discount Tire on my Droid X phone!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment